Monday, March 14, 2016

Cuppa Joe, Anyone?

When I think back to my childhood, there are many sounds and smells that come back to me.

The fresh smell of linens that spent the summer day on the clothes line.

Racing into the house after school and the smell of a home cooked meal on the stove.

The sound of crickets and frogs as I went to sleep at night.

The sweet sound of birds singing through my bedroom window in the morning.

The sound of the rooster crowing early in the morning

The smell of freshly mowed grass on Saturday afternoons.

The sound of the screen door slamming as we raced in or out of the house

And of course, the sound of my mom or dad yelling about slamming the door

So many memories of similar things....

And then...there's the sound of the peculator and smell of the fresh pot of coffee....ahhhhh!

No wonder I love coffee so much!


I painted my vintage buffet last year and finally got around to making it into a coffee station.


We bought a Kuerg a couple of years ago but I must admit, I still prefer a percolator.


The Kuerg does make it simple.  Pop the coffee pod in and push the button.


I've been looking at homemade coffee syrups.  It's on my to do list.






Share...Create....Invite....Believe

~willa~

No comments:

Post a Comment